Friday, April 02, 2004

Friday Night

It's Friday night down here in the United States of the Americas. What the hell is that? Isn't Canada a part of the Americas? How 'bout all those South American countries? God damn american hegemony!

I'm too tipsy to be talking about politics. Spearhead is currently playing. I'm in the middle of a radio show. I'd like to say the crowd is bumpin' in front of me, but alas, that is not the case. It has been, but not tonight. There seems to be something going on in the SU that is more enticing than my music. What has this world come to. We're now moving to the "Seed 2.0"; just a little soundtrack update.

This week has been good. Uneventful, but interesting. My lit theory class has moved on to Marxism. Thus far, we've been looking more at it as cultural theory/critical theory, though I guess the two are in many ways inseperable from lit theory. Marxism seems to make the point, or at least maintain the hope, that there could be something better. Modern day capitalism on the other hand, views us humans as inherently self-interested; sadly, it seems to have proven a more accurate description of reality, but perhaps that is just because it has dominated the discussion. Aha, the Marxist conceit. Ahhhh! somehow my not so sober mind made it back to politics, and I haven't even been very eloquent.

I'm drinking bourbon. That's about the extent of my life at this present moment. Ohh, I'm also listening to MC Solaire.

But I think this is enough for now. I hope all of you are having as much fun as I am.

No comments: