Monday, November 21, 2005

Yahoo!

Sometimes the end does arrive. My first chapter is finished. Three copies now rest happily in the Division of Lit & Lang Secretary's office. I've just returned from Dick's Drive In and don't plan on eating again until tomorrow. One swiss, avocado and bacon burger, an order of garlic fries, and a vanilla shake have left me with an appetite for coffee and nothing else. I just finished the first of the many double espressos I will drink this evening. Though my first chapter is done, I still have a paper to write on King Lear. I've mentioned it before, I know, but it's still not written. I've now read some thirty or so articles and book chapters. I'll start with an outline of the play's major issues. This is the what the play is 'about' section. I'll then do two brief overviews of the lit on competing interpretations of the play, and follow that with my own, hopefully concluding with an explantion of how my interpretation answers the questions raised in the initial what the play is 'about' section. This is only slightly less vague than my own outline, which means I really need to get back to work.

Hope you're all well. See (most of) you soon.

Love Ev

No comments: