Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The sun is shining

In my mind. I slept well last night and am heading into the home stretch before the playoffs. I'll be handing in a draft this upcoming Monday. After that, it's a whole lot of finessing and tweaking, but no more big chunks of writing. I've taken to listening to Daft Punk, Basement Jax and the like while editing my chapters. This may have to be changed as I get to more substantive edits, but for now it's like a party on my keyboard. I combined my chapters into one document for the first time last night: 57 pages. Actually, I spoke too soon about the no more big chunks of writing part, I still have an intro and conclusion to write which will probably bring my page total up 80 or so pages. I want every sentence to be to the point. I want a concise but elegant argument. Editing over the next month will probably (hopefully) bring me down to 65–70 pages, which would make me happy. While my project could easily be turned into a book, I don't think the issues I've managed to address warrant much more than 65 pages. In some instances I've included extra examples of identical or similar phenomena, which well good for argument's sake, create unneccesary repetition. I will probably relegate many of those to footnotes. Anyways, it goes well is the point. I also got a presentation out of the way yesterday which went very well, and got my Logic mid-term back, which I came oh so close to aceing. Hopefully that means I won't have to spend endless hours on natural deduction anymore. It seems like most of the course from here on out is an expansion of the ground we've already established. Yesterday we added the backwards "E" ("there exists") and the upside down "A" ("for every"). Such fun.

Love Ev

No comments: