Thursday, November 06, 2003

late night peregrinations

It's late here in Reedland and I've just started reading Abdourahman A Waberi's "Cahier Nomade". From what I can tell (a few internet searches) this book has never been tranlated into English (I may be wrong). While trying to do and think about things other than my homework I got to musing that perhaps I'll translate it myself. The book is a collection of short stories which I think would make the translation process less arduous. Additionally, my francophone lit prof would probably be happy to advise me and he happens to be personally acquainted with the author. You'd think that I have oodles of free time to spare or something.
In other news, I've begun meditating much more regularly. Reed now has two burgeoning dharma groups. A small subset of one of the groups has begun meditating every morning in the Reed college chapel. This morning there was four of us, not bad for 7:30 in the morning.
I'm going to try and force myself back to my studies, as besides the reading, I still have a paper to finish.

No comments: