Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Damn Fool

Descartes is a circuitous twerp. That's about all I have to say after my reading of the last few hours (Meditations, II, III, and V). Perhaps I need to go back and reread some sections, but it seems that things (external to my incorporeal mind) exist because I perceive them clearly and distinctly, and that god exists because it is part of his essence to exist. Oh, and I exist because I think. The last assertion is (in a way) consonant with some of my own views, however I don't think that Rene and I share many views on ideas of existence and 'to exist'.

I think this might all be helped a bit by a good night's sleep and a fresh cup of coffee, with morning sunshine illuminating the pages of my book, but I have neither the time nor, at the moment, the will. Perhaps I am the 'damn fool.

I'm looking forward to reading the fourth Meditation.

No comments: