Thursday, October 06, 2005

Further thoughts on music

I'm working at the Paradox, meticulously cleaning the espresso machine and listening to the melancholy music that has been my mood of late. A couple minutes ago, while listening to Led Zepplin's "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", I had some more thoughts on my previous musings on music and lyrics. I've been listening to this song a fair bit lately as it has often been in accord with the way I've been feeling. However, as I was listening to it this evening, and paying attention to the lyrics in a way I normally would not, I realised something. The semantic content of the lyrics in no way express what I feel. And yet there is a similarity between the feeling that is expressed and what I feel. Anyways, I need to get back to work.

Ev

No comments: