Saturday, July 26, 2003

It always seems that fantastic tales with which to regale all of you occur to me when I'm doing something else. Not now, when I'm actually seated in front of my computer. Today the ideas came when I was meditating. That's usually the way, I think up all kinds of great ideas while I'm not supposed to be thinking.

I've been meditating semi-regularly recently. About five days a week. I'm going on one week now. Actually, I hope to start doing two sessions a day, perhaps tomorrow.

Kitty and I watched Heat a few nights ago. A great movie. For those of you who don't know, "Heat" is an epic action/heist movie with significant character development (for an action/heist movie). As always, the best scene, and in some respects the climax of the movie, was the conversation between Al Pacino (the cop) and Robert Deniro (the criminal mastermind). If you haven't seen the movie, you won't understand what I'm talking about; I don't plan on explaining as I think it's best discovered in the course of the movie. I do however have some complaints. In many ways, the screenplay for "Heat" was very well written. There are some great pieces of writing.
[!!!! if you haven't seen the movie, stop reading till you see three happy faces. !!!] There are also some big mistakes. Get rid of the daughter. At the point when she tries to commit suicide we still don't care enough about her for the scene to not be distracting and annoying. Also, Pacino's wife's lines are horribly written. Finally, my other complaint, DeNiro's character (the criminal mastermind) is not one to go back and settle a score with some 2bit thug at his future's peril. Still though, an eminently enjoyable movie, even after the third viewing.

:) :) :)

There is more to say, but my eyelids....oh yeah GOD DAMN FUCKING COMPUTER! I had to send my iBook into Apple yesterday. Looks like my logic board needs to be replaced. It is apparently a somewhat common problem. Apple, however, has thus far been very helpful and expedient. At this point, I'm not that peeved.

Good night.

No comments: